Open Referral's agenda is set by the prerogatives of a set of four types of users: help seekers, service providers, researchers/analysts, and database administrators. Read more about each of these personas in our User Personas documentation.
Current Human Services Data Specification Capabilities
Version 1.1 of the specification supports:
- Provisioning the minimum amount of data needed to implement some method of search and discovery of services provided by organizations.
- Provisioning 'recommended' fields to describe additional elements of data that may be relevant for various purposes related to service delivery and/or analysis.
- Importing machine-readable data into a relational database
- Exchanging resource data between different information-and-referral systems.
- Viewing and editing data using commonly available software such as a spreadsheet or a text editor.